Thursday, December 11, 2014

EP Review // Surfing After Dark by Default Browser

You can download the album here: https://defaultbrowser.bandcamp.com/album/surfing-after-dark

Rating: 75/100

After stumbling upon this release after searching the depths of the cyberverse I felt a very profound feeling of contempt. The title is referring to late night channel surfing. Something that we have all done in attempt to find something meaningful or slightly entertaining, most of the time we fail. This album reminds me somewhat of Telenights by g h o s t i n g with it's musical sampling of various TV theme songs from commercials and crappy sit-coms.

There is nothing deep or intricate about this release. It is what is, and is very enjoyable all the same. I recommend this album for those who want to capture that late night absurdity that one can find in a crappy Holiday Inn at 2 in the morning. At times it is jarringly hilarious and others very slow and incredibly dark. Overall, it makes for a great listen.

-Wolfenstein OS X

1 comment:

  1. Hey Man I know this is kinda random as all hell but I have recently gotten into #cloudrap and #Vaporwave. I have been looking for a few blogs that would be willing to post my music,. do you think you could direct me to such place.

    #canada #ldnont #ontario

    ReplyDelete